According to McKinsey & Company, “e-mail remains a significantly more effective way to acquire customers than social media—nearly 40 times that of Facebook and Twitter combined. That’s because 91% of all US consumers still use e-mail daily, and the rate at which e-mails prompt purchases is not only estimated to be at least three times that of social media, but the average order value is also 17% higher.”
Not only that, but be careful where you direct your customers who DO click through. Always link them directly to the item or a custom landing page that focuses on the collection you’re promoting. Not only will it decrease frustration, but it will increase conversion rate by 25%.
Time to get planning.
Milani Cosmetics is no exception – stunning visuals dominate. But it’s what’s underneath that separates this from most websites and well positions Milani against the category giants. At the end of the day, the Milani site is a combination of branding, navigational ease and commerce. Credits go to: the internal Milani team, Team Internet Marketing, L.A. Productions, and of course GRM. Easily the most comprehensive site we’ve developed. Some highlights:
- Clean, easy to navigate design
- Ask a Beauty Advisor feature
- Social integration throughout
- Both customer and expert reviews of products
- Italian-inspired blog
- How-to videos
- Full spanish site
- Ability to create a personalized wish list
- Always free shipping on orders over $25
- Color combination recommendations for products
- Custom vegan shopping experience
- Ability to purchase e-gift cards