Why do you want to intern?
You’re looking for an opportunity to gain school credit?
You are seeking to get real-world experience?
You’re ready to launch your career?
You had an advertising campaigns class and really liked it?
Mom or Dad said you have to get out of the house and do something?
Those are all nice reasons. But those are not us.
We’re looking for one intern. That one
We’re about creating more zealots for our clients.
We’re zealots for our clients.
We’re zealots about our work.
Our intern? That one
A zealot. A zealot for inventing, creating, solving, satisfying and doing.
Our interns are on the firing line. No hiding here.
No auditing our program. You’re in the game. Real work. Real involvement with clients. Real problems to solve. Real opportunity.
We’re looking, too. For that one
Passionate. Intelligent. Witty. Teammate. Winner. A Zealot for Life.
Our internship is not a “give back to the community” program. We’re looking for the one individual who is bursting to get in the game, start practicing their craft and change the way marketing happens.
Our interns get to do a lot of work. It usually results in a real job. Because they will have proven they can do real work.
Guest Relations Marketing is eight years old. We’re still a kid. But we love having interns and have even hired a few of them or helped place them in great positions. The partners of Guest Relations established an intern program at their previous agency. The program became so renowned that other agencies called to interview and hire our interns.
Nothing fancy here. Just a great opportunity. For a great intern. Are you the one
Tell us why. Email April Voris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Objectives of the Program:
Program Opportunities & Requirements:
- Provide a “real world” learning experience
- Cross-platform training & project execution
- Emphasis on social media
- Intended as major course credit/learning
- Available starting: Fall
- 30 – 35 hours per week / 90-day commitment required
- $500 stipend
Internship Program May Include:
- Get an overall view of full scope of marketing duties and interaction, through participation in internal and client meetings
- Develop a project essentially from start to finish, including presentation to the client
- Assist team in developing specific recommendations, projects or analyses in support of client or agency programs
- Deep dive into social media use for marketing
- Other as approved by specific program outline
- Competitive interview process
- DISC or other profile analysis
- Educational platform that may include such topics as:
- Marketing 101: Agency vs. client-side
- How to effectively work with your clients
- Traffic, project management & time management
- Account planning & research
- Importance of great creative
- The new media frontier
- Social media training
- Effective e-Communication & database management
- Presentations, communications, and brand you
- Networking & industry event opportunities
- Mid-point and final performance review
- Demonstration of high interest/passion for advertising profession
- Good communication skills, particularly writing ability
- Flexible, team-oriented
- Advertising, marketing or related major emphasis
- Junior, senior or recent graduate
- Submit the following three items:
- Your resume
- One thing you are a Zealot for (and why)
- Best example of your writing capabilities
- Submit to April Voris: email@example.com